TEEN LEARN TO SWIM
Drop-in swim lessons for teens ages 13-18. Beginner to intermediate levels welcome!
Teens that attend at least five lessons will earn a pass to the Sonoma Valley High School Aquatic Center for the rest of the summer!
Classes take place in the shallow end of the competition pool, instructors will work on a variety of skills ranging from introduction to the water to building confidence in lap swimming based on each swimmer’s level:
- Bob to submerge in the water
- Front and back float with glide with help
- Elementary back
- Front Crawl
- Streamline off the wall
- Swim the front crawl (freestyle) with rotary breathing (about 15 yards)
- Elementary backstroke (15 yards)
- Back Crawl (backstroke, 15 yards)
- Breaststroke kick
- Dolphin kick
- Dive from sitting, kneeling and compact position
- Tread water for 10-15 seconds
- Retrieve an object from bottom of pool
- Dive from kneeling and or compact position
- Build endurance and confidence in the water
To sign up for TEEN LEARN TO SWIM, click here.